Woman jailed for torture of vulnerable man
Saturday 24 December 2011
A woman has been jailed indefinitely for the "prolonged abuse" of a vulnerable man at a house in Leicester. The Old Bailey heard that the man was violently beaten, sexually humiliated, thrown in a canal and set alight.
Amanda Ford, 25, was deemed the ringleader of four adults who punished the man for failing to carry out chores correctly.
Sentencing, Judge Charles Wide said: "It paints a picture of months of misery."
Ford and Mark Martin, 24, were given indeterminate sentences for public protection for two sexual assaults, with concurrent sentences for the other assaults. Two tenants were sentenced earlier.
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM