Woman remanded on elderly widower murder charge
Tuesday 12 October 2010
A woman appeared in court today charged with the murder of an 82-year-old widower who disappeared shortly after moving house.
Ann Browning, 53, from Miltons Crescent, Ockford Ridge, Surrey, is accused of the murder of Bill Williamson between September 9 and October 6 this year.
She was remanded in custody following the brief hearing at Guildford Crown Court and ordered to appear again for a plea and case management hearing at the same court on January 18.
A body found in the garden of an address in Miltons Crescent on Friday was believed to be that of Mr Williamson, who was last seen alive on September 10, but this has not been confirmed by police.
Mr Williamson used to live in Church Road, Milford, near Godalming, but moved to Miltons Crescent in early September after selling his own home.
A post-mortem examination was carried out on the body but the results were inconclusive.
Formal identification has yet to take place.
Browning's 30-year-old son, who was also arrested in connection with the investigation, has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >