Woman spared jail over scrotum bite
Friday 11 November 2011
A woman who bit a hole in her boyfriend's scrotum during a drunken row was spared jail today.
Maria Topp, 44, from Wrekenton, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm at Newcastle Crown Court last month.
She attacked Martin Douglas, her partner of five years, after they had been on a 10-hour drinking session in February.
Recorder Robin Mairs handed her a 12-month jail sentence, suspended for 18 months, and ordered her to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work.
He also imposed a restraining order on the mother-of-four to prevent her from contacting Mr Douglas.
"This relationship is over, I think both of you accept that," the judge said.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- < Previous
- Next >