'Woman was raped' at Fred West's house
Saturday 16 July 2011
A woman has told police she was raped at the house where the serial killers Fred and Rose West began their murder spree.
The alleged victim, understood to have been illegally trafficked into the UK, claims she was set upon while being held at 25 Midland Road, Gloucester, where the Wests' eight-year-old daughter Charmaine was murdered and buried under the kitchen floor in 1971.
The rape allegation was made to vice squads investigating a suspected sex trafficking ring involving the UK and the Czech Republic. Three people – Iveta Viragova, 43, Votjech Virag, 25, and Ludmila Nistorova, 52 – have been charged with trafficking women into the UK for sexual exploitation, Scotland Yard said.
Ms Viragova and Mr Virag, both from Tooting, south-west London, are due to appear at City of Westminster magistrates' court while Ms Nistorova, of Gloucester, appeared before magistrates in Cheltenham yesterday.
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats