Youth held over father's stab death
Friday 07 October 2011
A teenager has been arrested over the death of his father and the stabbing of his mother.
Police were called by the ambulance service to an address in Blackburn at 7.50am today following reports a man and woman had been stabbed.
The man was found dead at the scene in Heys Close and the woman was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital.
A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: "At this stage it is thought that the man is 46 years old and the woman is believed to be 41 years old.
"An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident and is currently in police custody."
Sources said the man arrested was the son of the couple and that the incident was domestic-related.
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader