Daily Poem: This moment
Thursday 05 January 1995
Eavan Boland is the second of 10 shortlisted poets for the TS Eliot Prize for best new collection of poetry. She was born in Dublin and studied in Ireland, London and New York before returning to her birthplace. Since her first collection in 1967 she hasbecome one of the emblematic figures of contemporary Irish poetry. This year's judges are Ciaran Carson, Candia McWilliam, John Fuller and Robert Crawford, chaired by Elaine Feinstein. All 10 poets will be featured in the Daily Poem until the announcement of the winner on 17 January. This poem is from her collection In a Time of Violence (Carcanet, £6.95).
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
Deadly ice storm pushes up US east coast as temperatures drop to -29C
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£85000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Top 15 Firm - Qualified AC...
Salary £35-50K Plus Generous Benefits Package including Car,Pension ,and Health...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Capita Education Resou...
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...