Defendant mugged at court
Saturday 18 July 1992
Roger Gooch, 22, a builder, had pounds 40 in his pocket and was waiting to pay a fine for speeding when he was jostled by four men, who ordered him to hand over everything. 'They were much bigger than me and I knew it was no good trying to put up a fight,' he said. 'The officers couldn't believe I had been mugged in the court - come to that neither could I'
Mr Gooch was driven round the city centre and later police confirmed that four men had been arrested but were released on bail, pending further inquiries.
After police told magistrates about the mugging, Mr Gooch's case was adjourned to a later date.
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...