Diabetic motorist dies in police cell
Monday 24 October 1994
A police surgeon arrived within half an hour but by then Mr Moorhouse was dead. Friends said the father of three, who lived in sheltered housing in Halton Moor, Leeds, was registered disabled. He suffered from fits if he did not receive insulin and his speech problem would have left him unable to warn police if he needed insulin. As West Yorkshire Police began an inquiry into Mr Moorhouse's death under the supervision of the Police Complaints Authority, the dead man's eldest son, Mark, 29, said the family was taking legal advice.
West Yorkshire Police would not comment on the reason for Mr Moorhouse's arrest but said that officers involved were being questioned.
Sgt Chris Hutton said: 'A post-mortem examination has been carried out but we are awaiting the results of tests to establish the cause of death.'
An inquest into the death is to be opened in Leeds today.
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...