Fake jackets seized
Saturday 02 September 1995
A total of 8,000 MA1 military-style jackets were confiscated by trading standards officers in Edinburgh in what is believed to be Britain's biggest seizure of counterfeit clothing.
Jeremy Paxman reveals he has heard senior Tories calling activists 'swivel-eyed loons'
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
Oklahoma tornado: Frantic search for victims continues, as tales of survival emerge
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£37,382-£44,607: UCL Qatar: The appointment is full-time on UCL Grade 8. The s...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Sheffield: Special Educational Needs (SEN) teac...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£29000 - £45000 per annum + TLR and SEN allowance if applicable: Randstad Educ...