Group 4 loses TV chickens to a fox
Wednesday 21 April 1993
The remains of Lucky, Lisa and Alfred Hitch were found on Monday morning on the site in Old Ford, east London.
The security company Group 4 has been criticised recently for the escape of prisoners being transported under its new contract. A spokesman for The Big Breakfast said: 'The Group 4 officers are used to people getting out, not foxes getting in.
'The dead chickens were discovered only when members of the crew realised the garden was too quiet. That was just before we went on air.'
A spokesman for Group 4 said: 'Guarding the chickens was not part of our contract.
'Foxes attack all over the country and there is nothing you can do to guard against it.
'It is no reflection on the competence of our staff. As far as we are aware The Big Breakfast is delighted with the service we provide.'
He added: 'Our guards are as upset as anyone about it. As a gesture we have agreed to replace the chickens with three new ones.'
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Manager is required ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Panel Wireman required for small electro...
£25000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SME based in East Cheshire, ...