Gunshots killed Waco men
Tuesday 22 June 1993
FOUR British victims of the Waco siege in the United States had to be identified from dental records and fingerprints, an inquest was told yesterday.
Post mortem examinations in Britain failed to establish the exact causes of death, but a Home Office pathologist found nothing inconsistent with those recorded in the US.
Leonard Gorodkin, the Manchester City coroner, opened an inquest on Ricky Bennett, 35, and Stephen Henry, 26, and his brother Philip, 22, all from Manchester, and Winston Blake, 28, from Nottingham. All were found in the compound of the Texas cult leader, David Koresh. US death certificates showed Philip Henry and Mr Blake had died from gunshot wounds; Stephen Henry from gunshot wounds, smoke inhalation and burns; and Bennett from smoke inhalation and burns.
The inquest was adjourned.
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Ed Miliband's 'north London set' must be demolished to save Labour, say critics
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: SURREY MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: What do you want to do with your career? Do yo...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is a leading expert in immunoassa...