Gunshots killed Waco men
Tuesday 22 June 1993
FOUR British victims of the Waco siege in the United States had to be identified from dental records and fingerprints, an inquest was told yesterday.
Post mortem examinations in Britain failed to establish the exact causes of death, but a Home Office pathologist found nothing inconsistent with those recorded in the US.
Leonard Gorodkin, the Manchester City coroner, opened an inquest on Ricky Bennett, 35, and Stephen Henry, 26, and his brother Philip, 22, all from Manchester, and Winston Blake, 28, from Nottingham. All were found in the compound of the Texas cult leader, David Koresh. US death certificates showed Philip Henry and Mr Blake had died from gunshot wounds; Stephen Henry from gunshot wounds, smoke inhalation and burns; and Bennett from smoke inhalation and burns.
The inquest was adjourned.
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Associate System Engineer r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Executive Assistant is required to join a l...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...