17 hurt in Cornwall gas leak
Monday 12 March 2012
17 people, including two ambulance crew, are being treated after a suspected carbon monoxide gas leak.
Four ambulances went to the scene in Connor Downs, near Hayle in Cornwall, according to Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service.
A spokesman for the West Country Ambulance Service said 17 people in total have so far been affected, including two of its paramedics, and that the number might rise further as more people were checked over by medical staff.
"Our ambulances were first on the scene," he said.
"None of the people involved is in a life-threatening condition."
He said the two ambulance personnel had been taken to the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro for treatment but was unable to confirm how many other victims had so far been taken to the hospital.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...
£22000 - £38000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...