Australian author Kathy Lette and US television presenter Ruby Wax visit Julian Assange at Ecuadorean embassy
Julian Assange may have been holed-up in a west London embassy building for nearly four months but at least he has not been abandoned to loneliness.
The Wikileaks founder has been kept company by Australian author Kathy Lette and US television presenter Ruby Wax, who both dropped in to visit this afternoon.
The pair, who were said to be “having tea” with Mr Assange, turned up at the Ecuadorean embassy at around 4pm and stayed for around an hour and a half.
Their visits came on the day that it emerged that transparency evangelist Mr Assange sought to pressure a US film festival into not showing a film about his organisation. He was reported by the Guardian newspaper to have threatened legal action against the South by Southwest Festival, which was planning to air WikiLeaks: Secrets and Lies.
Neither Ruby Wax nor Kathy Lette was available today to discuss their conversations with Mr Assange, who faces sexual assault charges in Sweden and is wanted for allegedly breaching his bail by entering the embassy in June.
That's some guestlist! Stunning images show huge dynastic wedding between Ultra-Orthodox Jewish families which attracted 25,000 guests
'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
German chancellor Angela Merkel named most powerful woman in the world by Forbes - again
World news in pictures
Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.