Bishop in favour of gay marriage
Friday 24 August 2012
A Church of England (C of E) bishop has spoken out in favour of same-sex marriage, saying Christians should not see gay people as "sick or stunted or criminal".
In a YouTube video for the Out4Marriage campaign, the Bishop of Buckingham, Alan Wilson, said: "We don't believe God is an angry old man out to get us. Let's stop behaving as though we did. Recognising gay people are equal means they won't dilute or spoil marriage but… enrich it."
The bishop's stance contradicts the official C of E position of defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman.
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
£30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable software house is looking ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established professional services...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - SENIOR COMMERCIAL LITIGATION SO...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...