Body found in search for boat missing in gale-force conditions off Devon coast
Tuesday 29 January 2013
Rescuers searching for a missing fishing boat in gale-force conditions have found a body.
The hunt for the 19ft fishing boat JCK, missing off the Devon coastline, was stood down shortly after midnight after a body was discovered by the Exmouth RNLI lifeboat, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said.
The boat was last seen at 6.25pm yesterday heading past Thatcher Rock, a small island a short distance from the mainland, across the water from Torquay.
The red-colour vessel and its one-man crew had been due back at Brixham harbour at 7pm.
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...