Boots recalls more children's cough and cold medicine over plastic fears
Retailer has recalled more medicines as a precaution after a possible manufacturing fault was identified
Boots has recalled a list of cough and cold medicines for children after a possible fault during manufacturing was identified.
The retailer had already issued a precautionary recall for certain medicines purchased since September 2013 last month, but has now extended this list to include batches of specific paracetamol, cough and cold mixtures and gripe mixture.
The recall comes after Boots identified a possible fault in the manufacturing process of the tamper seal that might result in small pieces of plastic being found in the liquid medicines.
Adam Burgess, the MHRA’s Head of Defective Medicines Reporting Centre (DMRC), said:
“This is a precautionary recall by Boots and there is a low risk of plastic being found in bottles. There is currently no evidence that people have had any problems with these medicines.
“People should check their medicine cupboards at home and return these products to Boots. If people have any questions, they should contact Boots Customer Care Team or they can speak to their GP.”
Boots will refund customers who return the following medicines:
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Chesty Cough Relief 100mg/5ml Oral Solution, PL 00014/0554
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Dry Cough Relief Oral Solution, PL 00014/0550
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Mucus Cough Relief 100mg/5ml Oral Solution, PL 00014/0554
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Paracetamol 6 years Plus 250mg/5ml Oral Solution 200ml, PL 00014/0619
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Paracetamol 6 Years Plus 250mg/5ml Suspension 100ml PL 00014/0619
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Ibuprofen 3 Months plus 100mg/5ml Oral suspension Strawberry flavour, PL 00014/0652
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Tickly Cough Relief Oral Solution PL 00014/0550
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Paracetamol 3 Months Plus 120mg/5ml Suspension 100ml PL 00014/0638
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Paracetamol 3 Months Plus 120mg/5ml Suspension 200ml PL 00014/0660
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Cough Syrup 3 Months Plus PL 00014/0500
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Gripe Mixture 1 Month Plus PL 00014/5236
- 1 Avengers: Age of Ultron: Nearly 700 German cinemas refuse to show movie
- 2 Donald Trump decides that Baltimore riots are Barack Obama's fault
- 3 X Factor in crisis as numbers of people auditioning plummets
- 4 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
- 5 Baltimore riots: Furious mother marches her son home live on TV
Bali Nine executions live: Indonesian firing squad shoots dead eight drug offenders despite outcry around world, but a ninth is spared
Keith Harris dead: Orville the Duck ventriloquist dies aged 67 following battle with cancer
The four utterly contradictory polls that tell the story of this election and why it is pointless trying to predict the outcome
Donald Trump decides that Baltimore riots are Barack Obama's fault
General Election 2015: Prospect of Labour-SNP coalition makes one in four voters less likely to support Ed Miliband, says survey
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
EU exit would hit UK economy much harder than neighbouring countries, study finds
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm of accountants based ...
£30000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a financial services c...
£30000 - £32000 per annum + car allowance and on call: Ashdown Group: A succes...
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Well established small company ...