Boy cyclist dies after collision with a deer
Wednesday 03 August 2011
A 15-year-old has died after he collided with a deer while cycling with friends along a country lane.
Ben Madden suffered serious head injuries when he was thrown off his bike after the animal ran out in front of him in Elloughton Dale, in East Yorkshire, last week. It is believed the deer had clipped the wheel of his cycle. Witnesses said he was not wearing a helmet.
His friends and a passing motorist tried to help him and called paramedics on July 26. The teenager, from Brough, was taken to Hull Royal Infirmary but he did not recover. Police confirmed he died on Sunday.
A Humberside police spokeswoman said: "We are putting a file together for the coroner and an inquest will open in due course."
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
- 3 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 4 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 5 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'
£65000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Technical Presales Engineer - central London ...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Physiotherapist / Sports Ther...
£8 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Sales Executives / Advisors are required...
£14000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...