Carbon monoxide suspected as man dies

Click to follow
The Independent Online

A 50-year-old man died after suffering a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning, it emerged.

A woman, believed to be his wife, is in a critical but stable condition in hospital after the couple were found by paramedics at their house yesterday afternoon in the rural Derbyshire village of Stanley Common.

Derbyshire Constabulary said it was investigating the incident alongside the Health and Safety Executive.

Officers were called to the house in the village shortly before 3pm. Nearby properties were evacuated and the area cordoned off. Nobody has been arrested.

A police spokesman said: "We are investigating the circumstances of the incident. Obviously a death has occurred and we are going to thoroughly investigate the cause of that death."

He added: "It appears to have been a tragic accident and investigations are continuing."

Comments