CHRISTMAS: Workers search for growth at No 10
Friday 30 November 2012
Workers began putting up the Downing Street Christmas tree yesterday after the 20ft fir arrived from Galloway in Scotland.
The tree was supplied by Garrocher farm in Creetown as part of its prize for being named UK Christmas Tree Grower of the Year.
The owner, Mike Craig, said it was the “ultimate accolade” for the company and a great tribute to the hard work of his staff during the past 10 years.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: More surge tides forecast after thousands evacuated along east coast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum dependent on experience: The Green Recruitment Compa...
£18000 - £20000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: IT Project Adminis...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£40,000-£43,000: Cornwallis Elt : Project Manager- Cloud and SaaS, London T...