Clash points: Police v state
Pay Police face a three-year pay freeze. Proposals to cut constables’ starting salaries to £19,000 and to link pay to performance rather than time served.
Pensions Along with other public sector staff, police pension contributions are increasing and their retirement funds will be reduced.
Recruitment Plans to recruit more graduates, improve educational qualifications for the police and fast-track high fliers.
Perks Home Secretary Theresa May has made clear her determination to reduce the array of bonuses and overtime payments.
Jobs Police budgets are already being squeezed and will take another hit in 2014-15, leading to further job losses on the frontline and in back-office roles.
Commissioners All ranks reacted coolly to the creation of Police and Crime Commissioners, fearing an increase in interference in day-to-day policing.
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...