Clash points: Police v state
Pay Police face a three-year pay freeze. Proposals to cut constables’ starting salaries to £19,000 and to link pay to performance rather than time served.
Pensions Along with other public sector staff, police pension contributions are increasing and their retirement funds will be reduced.
Recruitment Plans to recruit more graduates, improve educational qualifications for the police and fast-track high fliers.
Perks Home Secretary Theresa May has made clear her determination to reduce the array of bonuses and overtime payments.
Jobs Police budgets are already being squeezed and will take another hit in 2014-15, leading to further job losses on the frontline and in back-office roles.
Commissioners All ranks reacted coolly to the creation of Police and Crime Commissioners, fearing an increase in interference in day-to-day policing.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...