Coastguards in next wave of strikes
Monday 04 June 2012
Coastguards, driving test examiners and other transport staff across the country are to strike from the end of the week in protest at spending cuts, job losses and pensions.
A two-hour walkout is due on Friday by driving examiners, followed by a week-long series of short strikes in the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, the Public and Commercial Services union said.
Further strikes will be held throughout the month by staff at the Department for Transport head office and agencies including Highways and Driving Standards.
Mark Peacock, head of BSM driving school, said: "Taking your driving test is a big day and can be nerve-wracking enough without the thought of strike disruption. However, candidates who have chosen to keep their test booking for the afternoon of June 8 should still attend their test so it can go ahead if possible."
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...