Couple killed in Jersey plane crash
Wednesday 04 September 2013
A businessman and his wife have been killed in a plane crash off the coast of Jersey.
Carl Whiteley and his wife Kathryn, from Derbyshire, are understood to have been on board the Cessna plane which crashed about five miles west of Jersey Airport after flying from France this morning. Brett Hannon, managing director of Belmont Regency Group, in Derby, said Mr Whiteley jointly founded the company in 1982 and would be “greatly missed”.
Forecasters said visibility was poor around the Jersey coast at the time of the crash. The couple are yet to be formally identified by police.
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small, friendly, proactive...
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...