Cousin of footballer Defoe dies
Saturday 28 July 2012
The cousin of the England footballer Jermain Defoe has died in a freak holiday accident on a Caribbean island.
Hannah Defoe, 20, was electrocuted as she dived into a pool in St Lucia, according to reports.
The Tottenham Hotspur striker was on the club's pre-season tour of America when he was told the news and has been allowed to return to the UK to be with his family.
Defoe, 29, flew home from England's Euro 2012 camp in Poland last month following the death of his 49-year-old father, Jimmy, from throat cancer. His half-brother Jade, 26, also died in 2009 following a street attack in London.
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...