The cousin of the England footballer Jermain Defoe has died in a freak holiday accident on a Caribbean island.
Hannah Defoe, 20, was electrocuted as she dived into a pool in St Lucia, according to reports.
The Tottenham Hotspur striker was on the club's pre-season tour of America when he was told the news and has been allowed to return to the UK to be with his family.
Defoe, 29, flew home from England's Euro 2012 camp in Poland last month following the death of his 49-year-old father, Jimmy, from throat cancer. His half-brother Jade, 26, also died in 2009 following a street attack in London.