Death of girl crushed by wall ‘accidental’
Thursday 22 August 2013
A four-year-old from Somerset was killed when a shed her father was dismantling collapsed and fell on her, an inquest has heard.
Surranna Stonestreet, from Bath, suffered fatal head injuries when she was hit by six breeze blocks that crashed down from the structure.
Her father, Karl Stonestreet, had decided to rebuild the shed on 3 May this year. He used a chisel to remove the door but it got stuck in the wall.
Avon Coroner’s Court heard Mr Stonestreet attempted to pull the chisel away but the breeze block wall suddenly came crashing down.
Maria Voisin, Coroner for Avon, concluded that Surranna’s death had been “accidental”.
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...