Duke of Kent suffers mild stroke
Thursday 21 March 2013
The Duke of Kent, the Queen's cousin, has suffered a mild stroke, Buckingham Palace said today.
The 77-year-old royal was taken to an undisclosed London hospital in the early hours of Monday where he was assessed by doctors.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: "He was taken ill in the early hours of Monday and admitted to hospital for assessment."
He added that medical staff "diagnosed him as having had a mild stroke".
The Buckingham Palace spokesman added: "He's still being assessed and it's not thought to be serious.
"My understanding is he's feeling well and looking forward to resuming official engagements as soon as possible."
It is thought the Duke, whose first name is Edward, is still being treated at a London hospital.
It is understood the Queen, who herself has been ill recently with the symptoms of gastroenteritis, has been informed.
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
£16000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for individual...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£40000 - £95000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Vehicle Inspectors / Pu...