Further delays hit Tube services
Tube travellers suffered a series of hold-ups today - just days before the start of the Olympics.
A late finish to engineering work meant severe delays to those using the Circle and District lines in the early part of the morning rush-hour.
There were then further delays later in the morning on the Circle and District lines following a signal failure at Gloucester Road in west London.
A signal failure at Lancaster Gate also caused delays to Central line services today.
The difficulties today followed the part-suspension of the Bakerloo line during yesterday's morning rush-hour following a fire alert at Charing Cross underground station.
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.