Girl, 14, shot with Taser by mistake
Saturday 07 August 2010
Police have apologised to a girl of 14 after accidentally shooting her with a Taser.
Officers in Nottingham were aiming at a man as they tried to arrest him, but hit the girl who was standing nearby. A spokeswoman for Nottinghamshire Police said the incident, which has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission, took place in Stapleford at about 10.35pm on Wednesday night.
"A 20-year-old man became aggressive to one of the officers, who attempted to arrest him," the spokeswoman said. "After a short struggle the officer tried to restrain him by discharging his Taser. The Taser did not connect with the offender and struck a 14-year-old girl who was standing nearby."
The girl did not require hospital treatment.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber reach almost £154,000 on eBay
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...