Grace Taylor missing in Thailand: British woman told mother ‘people are trying to hurt me’

Ms Taylor, 21, went missing on 16 February, and her family say they are flying out to Thailand to try and find her

Click to follow
The Independent Online

The family of a young British woman are appealing online for help finding their daughter after she went missing while backpacking in Thailand.

Grace Taylor, from Swanage in Dorset, is travelling alone and went missing on 16 February from her hostel in Pattaya.

The 21-year-old's mother, Sam Taylor, said she had made contact with her daughter on Monday morning who was in a "stressed and frightened state" and said she was worried “people were trying to hurt her".

She has since gone missing again after failing to arrive at Krabi airport and board a flight booked by her family following the phone call.

A family member is due to fly out to Thailand on Monday evening.


STILL MISSING. Grace contacted us at 11am today from Ao Nang, she was very stressed and frightened saying that people...

Posted by Sam Taylor on Monday, 22 February 2016

Writing on Facebook, Ms Taylor said: “Grace contacted us at 11am today from Ao Nang, she was very stressed and frightened saying that people were trying to hurt her and were following her and she wanted to come home.

“We calmed her down and booked her a flight from Krabi tonight but she never arrived at the airport by taxi and has gone missing again.

“We are desperately worried, all previous backpacker sightings have reported that she is disorientated and not of a good mental state [sic].

“Please can I reach out to the backpacker community once again to look out for her and get her safe. We are flying out tonight to come and bring her home.

Dorset police have said an investigation is underway and they are liaising with Interpol.

 A spokesman from the force said: "We received a call on Sunday morning reporting a missing woman travelling alone in Thailand.

"The family haven't been able to speak to her since Tuesday, February 16.

"We are now liaising with Interpol and an investigation is underway."