Guy Pelly's London nightclub Public to close
It's last orders at Guy Pelly's London nightclub, Public. Dubbed "court jester" to the party court of the young Princes William and Harry, Pelly had previously found success at Mahiki nightclub and was reported to have organised William's stag party.
With a photo booth, a dressing up area, a drink called "Warheads" served in a keypad-opening metal box, Public became a hit with rich kids.
It was, however, less popular with nearby residents and the local constabulary, who complained to the council, which restricted its licence. One resident was quoted as saying: "Hard-working people don't want to hear a bunch of Made in Chelsea types running around with mummy and daddy's money."
While few will have much sympathy for all the posh kids who now have to find somewhere new to party, there will likely be several job losses as a result. But with reports that he is already looking for a new venue, it is unlikely that we have seen the last of Mr Pelly.
That's some guestlist! Stunning images show huge dynastic wedding between Ultra-Orthodox Jewish families which attracted 25,000 guests
'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
German chancellor Angela Merkel named most powerful woman in the world by Forbes - again
World news in pictures
Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.