Honours: Diplomatic Services and Overseas List
Saturday 31 December 2011
* Professor Brian Mellor Greenwood, CBE. Professor, Clinical Tropical Medicine, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. For services to malaria research in Africa.
* The Honourable (Frederik) Gordon (Roy) Ward, OBE. Formerly chief Justice, Turks and Caicos Islands. For services to the judiciary in the Turks and Caicos Islands and the Commonwealth.
ORDER OF ST MICHAEL AND ST GEORGE
* The Honourable Dominic Anthony Gerard Asquith, CMG. Formerly HM Ambassador, Egypt.
* Dr Michael Leigh. Formerly director general, Enlargement, European Commission, Brussels. For services to the enlargement of the European Union.
* David Alexander Warren, CMG. HM Ambassador, Japan.
* Colin Robert Armstrong, OBE. Executive president, AGRIPAC and Honorary Consul, Guayaquil, Ecuador. For services to UK Business and the British community in Ecuador.
* Graham John Lloyd Avery. Formerly director, European Commission, Brussels. For services to European affairs.
* James Nicholas Geoffrey Bowden, OBE. Formerly HM Ambassador, Kingdom of Bahrain.
* Robert John Dean. Director, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Timothy Mark Hitchens, LVO. Director, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Jan Marceli Kopernicki. Formerly president, British Chamber of Shipping. For services to the safety and security of the international shipping community.
* Mrs Judith Anne MacGregor, LVO. HM Ambassador, Mexico.
* Ms Shan Elizabeth Morgan. HM Ambassador, Argentina.
* Dr Robert George Stevens. Director, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Dr Christian Philip Hollier Turner. Director, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE
* Jonathan Paul Ive, CBE. Senior vice president, Industrial Design, Apple Inc., USA. For services to design and enterprise.
* John Patrick Richardson. Art Historian and Author. For services to Art.
* John Phillip Crawley. Formerly chairman, Charter for Business, Toronto, Canada. For services to The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
* Dr Frances Diana Dow. Formerly Chair, Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission. For services to UK/USA relations and the Marshall Scholarships.
* Laurence Stephen Geller. Chairman, UK Churchill Centre, Chicago. For services to the Churchill Centre and to charitable and humanitarian work internationally.
* Marc Andrew Newson. Designer. For services to design in the UK and worldwide.
* Mrs Isobel Frances Abulhoul. For services to Education and British Literature in the United Arab Emirates.
* Paul Edward Adamson. Editor-in-chief and Publisher, E!Sharp, Brussels. For services to promoting the European Union.
* Roger Freeland Biggs. Chief executive Officer, International Resources for the Improvement of Sight (IRIS). For services to Health in Asia.
* Andrew Richard Dingley Brown. Executive vice president, Shell. For services to UK/Qatar business relations.
* Brian Adam Hugh Callaghan. Chairman, Callaghan Group, Gibraltar. For services to Chess and Tourism in Gibraltar.
* John Newling Cloake. First secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* John Richard Cockwell. Formerly Member, Legislative Assembly, Falkland Islands. For services to promoting the interests of the Falkland Islands.
* Professor Julian Marc Cooper. Professor, Russian Economic Studies, University of Birmingham. For services to Soviet and Russian economic studies.
* Robert John Dale. First secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Patrick James Davies. Head of Near East and North Africa Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Dr David Ellis. Formerly First secretary, Tokyo, Japan.
* Dr David Harry France. Founder, Everton Former Players' Foundation. For services to Football in the UK and Europe.
* Mrs Sarita Violeta Francis. Deputy Governor, Montserrat.
* Ms Fionna Mary Macgregor Gibb. Deputy head of Mission, Sana'a, Republic of Yemen.
* Mrs Leigh Gibson. Director, British Council.
* Andrew Richard Glass. Formerly director, British Council, Serbia and Montenegro.
* Dr Eva Naomi Ailene Hodgson. Teacher. For services to community interests in Bermuda.
* Dr Michael Thomas Jackson. Formerly International Rice Research Institute, The Philippines. For services to international food science.
* Anthony Paul Kay. Consular Regional director for the Middle East, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Miss Elizabeth Jean Laughton. Second secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Matthew Lewis. First secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Graham Alexander Stuart McCulloch, MBE. Head, Teaching Operations, British Council.
* Dr Andrew John Minchener. Consultant. For services to international science and clean energy collaboration with China.
* Christopher Paul O'Connor. HM Ambassador, Tunis, Tunisia.
* Professor Derek Clive Offord. Formerly Professor, Russian Studies, University of Bristol. For services to Russian studies in Language and Culture.
* Jeremy Giovanni Sargent. Partner, JS Associates, Guangzhou, China. For services to UK business and legal services in China.
* Michael Stuart Shearer. Deputy High commissioner, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
* Dr John Edward Sheehy. Formerly International Rice Research Institute, The Philippines. For services to agricultural research and development.
* Ms Louise Jane Stanton. High commissioner, Malta.
* Miss Emma Lesley Wade. Formerly head of Crisis Group, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Charles Moore Wilson. Trustee, Hertford British Hospital Corporation. For services to the British community in Paris.
* Ms Lilian Hermione Youngs. Senior Adviser, Programmes, Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development, Afghanistan. For services to development in Afghanistan.
* John Hamish Barclay. Second secretary, Kuwait.
* Paul Baron. Charity Worker. For services to vulnerable children overseas.
* James Christian Bend. Vice-Consul, Osaka, Japan.
* Simon Harry Ryland Bewlay. Chairman, Board of Governors, British School of Manila. For services to education in The Philippines.
* The Venerable Dale Arthur Bowers. Archdeacon of St. Helena. For services to the community in St. Helena.
* Mrs Melanie Ruth Bradley. Chief executive, Afghan Appeal Fund. For services to charity in Afghanistan.
* Alan Eugene Burland. Engineer. For services to the community in Bermuda.
* Thomas Barbour Butterfield. Founder and director, Masterworks Museum. For services to the community in Bermuda.
* Lawrence Sing Wah Chui. Consular Officer, Hong Kong, China.
* Col Henry Ernest Vialou Clark. Charity chairman. For services to education in Kenya.
* Miss Rebecca Claire Cousins. Formerly Second secretary, Tokyo, Japan.
* Barry John Daniels. Driver, Foreign and Commonwealth Office Services.
* Joseph James Day. President and chief executive, Market Entry Services, Seoul. For services to the British community and sport in the Republic of Korea.
* Mrs Kathleen Frances Dufall. Vice-Consul, British Embassy, Bangkok, Thailand.
* Stephen Keith Eatly. For services to international telecommunications.
* Michael James Marcus Edwards. Pilot, British Airways. For services to UK/India relations and to the British aircraft industry.
* Ms Katherine Joan Haber. Charity director and Co-Chair of the BAFTA Education and Outreach Committee, Los Angeles. For services to the community in Los Angeles, USA.
* Mrs Isobel Marie Ellul-Hammond. Formerly Charity Worker. For services to the community in Gibraltar.
* Edward Inglett. Formerly Third secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Simon Jonathan Jeffers. Second secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Mrs Oeslyn Elma Selina Jemmotte. Formerly director of Education. For services to education and to the community in Montserrat.
* Ms Carole Ann Johnson, MVO. Deputy High commissioner, Valletta, Malta.
* George Frederick Bruton Campbell-Johnston. Chairman, Zimbabwe Farmers Trust Fund. For services to farmers in Zimbabwe.
* Rhys Emyr Jones. First secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Miss Alison Latham. Audit manager, Washington, USA.
* Thomas Lord. Third secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Mrs Prudence Jennifer Lundie. Welfare Officer. For services to the British community in Cyprus.
* Mrs Maria Christina Miyazaki. Vice-Consul, Tokyo, Japan.
* Stephen James Palmer. Second secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Richard Nicholas Anthony Rose. Second secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Frazer Stuart Ross. Second secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office. (London, SE13)
* Richard Williams. Managing director, Poldark Mine. For services to UK/Mexico relations.
New Year Honours List 2012:
* Knights Bachelor
* Order of the Bath
* Royal Victorian Order, Royal Victorian Medal, and Colonial Police and Fire Service Medal
* Order of the British Empire, Civil - GBE, DBE, CBE
* Order of the British Empire, Civil - OBE
* Order of the British Empire, Civil - MBE
* Diplomatic Services and Overseas List
* Military Division
Have shock jocks gone too far?
Former Google exec says he has 100,000 emails showing how 'immoral' company avoids paying UK tax
Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
British man confesses to slitting two children's throats in Lyon flat
'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a senior appointment with huge potent...
£28000 - £31500 per annum + benefits: Randstad Education Newcastle: Permanent ...
£50000 - £58000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus: Progressive Recruitment: SAP F...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...