Jet goes off end of Durham Tees Valley Airport runway
A plane went off the end of the runway while preparing to take off, an airport spokesman said today.
The incident happened at Durham Tees Valley Airport when a Falcon 20 jet operated by Cobham Aviation Services developed a problem.
None of the three people on board was injured and the airport continued to operate as normal.
An airport spokesman said: "Emergency services have been involved in dealing with an incident at Durham Tees Valley airport this morning.
"The incident involved a Falcon 20 aircraft operated by Cobham Aviation Services.
"It is believed the aircraft developed problems whilst preparing for take-off and left the end of the runway.
"Three people were on board the aircraft.
"There are not believed to be any injuries and the airport is continuing to operate as normal.
"The Air Accidents Investigation Branch has been informed of the incident."
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...