Judges rule shod feet are weapons
Thursday 04 August 2011
Shod feet count as weapons when used to kick defenceless victims, the Court of Appeal has ruled.
Three judges said a community service sentence for Arshad Hussain, 19, of High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, had been unduly lenient as they sentenced him to two years' detention instead.
He and two others had kicked and punched a man to steal his laptop. Lady Justice Hallett said: "Such offences can kill, blind or permanently disable. A shod foot does count as a weapon."
Hussain admitted robbery at Aylesbury Crown Court in June.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...