Lady Thatcher admitted to hospital
David Cameron wished Baroness Thatcher a "speedy recovery" tonight after she was taken to hospital suffering from an infection.
Last week the Tory former prime minister was forced to withdraw from a Downing Street reception to mark her 85th birthday after coming down with flu.
Friends said she was still being troubled by the illness, and aides called in a doctor to assess her condition this afternoon. She was taken from her home to hospital shortly afterwards, and is expected to stay overnight.
A Downing Street spokesman said: "We understand from Lady Thatcher's office that she has been admitted to hospital for precautionary tests following her recent bout of flu.
"The Prime Minister wishes Lady Thatcher a speedy recovery."
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...