Lecturer told council about neighbour abuse
Monday 21 January 2013
A university lecturer killed herself three weeks after warning council that she could not cope with living next door to a drugs den.
The This is Nottingham website reported that Dr Suzanne Dow had lodged complaints with Browtowe Borough Council for over a year after suffering abuse from her neighbours.
In her final letter to the council, Dr Dow, pictured, a French lecturer at the University of Nottingham who took her life in October 2011 at the age of 33, wrote how she could not sleep and how she had reached the "limits of her tolerance".
Nottinghamshire Coroner Mairin Casey said in an inquest last week that the council had failed Dr Dow after issuing her neighbours with just "idle, empty threats". The council countered that it had taken the coroner's comments "very seriously".
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...