M5 crash: Police appeal for fireworks footage
Friday 18 November 2011
Police investigating the crash on the M5 in which seven people died have appealed for video footage of a nearby firework display.
Avon and Somerset Police said officers were still trying to piece together what happened near the motorway before the accident on the northbound carriageway near Taunton on 4 November.
Two lorry drivers and a father and daughter were among those killed in the pile-up.
Officers want to establish whether smoke from the firework display at Taunton Rugby Club might have been a factor in the crash, which happened in foggy and wet conditions around 8pm.
Police are calling on anyone with footage of the display, or who witnessed the crash, to email them at email@example.com.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...