Man burned after 'falling over in bonfire'

Click to follow
The Independent Online

A man was being treated for serious burns today after reportedly falling over as he ran through a bonfire.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said the 18-year-old victim was treated for burns to his face, back, arms, hands and legs after being injured at Trentham Rugby Club in Hanford, Stoke-on-Trent.



An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, an incident support officer and a doctor attended the incident shortly after 8.30pm last night.



An ambulance service spokeswoman said: "It is reported that the teenager had ran through the bonfire before tripping over in the middle.



"The 18-year-old was given pain relief at the scene before being conveyed to University Hospital of North Staffordshire for further assessment and treatment."



Staffordshire Police said it was consulting with the Health and Safety Executive following the incident.



Detective Inspector Dave Giles said: "There is no evidence that anyone else was involved or physically caused him to enter the fire."

Comments