Man gunned down in front of shoppers
Thursday 30 October 2008
A 35-year-old man was shot in front of a crowd of shoppers last night, police said.
Two masked men armed with a shotgun targeted the man in the Meenan Square area of Londonderry shortly before 9pm.
They entered a business premises and ordered all customers to lie on the ground before they shot the man in both legs.
The victim was taken to hospital but his injuries were not considered to be life threatening.
A Vauxhall Vectra was hijacked by two masked men in the Dove Gardens area shortly after the shooting and later found burnt out in the Creggan Heights area.
Police have appealed for witnesses.
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm are focussed on assis...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: A vacancy has arisen for a General Processor ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A great opportunity has arisen ...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...