Met Office: more snow on the way
Sunday 27 December 2009
The return of severe weather conditions to the west of England could upset travel plans for the end of next week, with the Met Office advising drivers to stay at home. Heavy snowfall is expected in the west of England, Wales, Yorkshire and Humber and the East and West Midlands from Wednesday. Drivers are advised to avoid travelling in the snow whenever possible, as low visibility, ice and compact snow will make roads treacherous.
Icy roads will also present a risk to drivers in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Nottingham and Leeds this week. Those who are driving are advised to carry a shovel in case of unexpected road blockage.
Wednesday's snowfall will follow wintry showers in the North on Monday and Tuesday. Conditions are expected to worsen as the week goes on.
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...