Firefighters rescued six children from a blaze at their home. The youngsters, aged from eight months to 11 years old, were taken to safety after flames and smoke engulfed their home in Oldham, Greater Manchester, just before 10pm last night.
They were treated by paramedics at the scene and then taken to hospital by ambulance but later discharged.
The blaze began after a pan of food was left unattended on a cooker and caught fire, according to Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the flames.
The blaze caused smoke damage to 50 per cent of the property.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said the children's 36-year-old mother was being questioned in police custody.Reuse content