Mother of six killed in collision
Friday 03 February 2012
A pedestrian who died after being struck by a car was identified today as a mother of six.
Melanie Nall, 46, was hit by a Ford Focus as she crossed Mere Green Road in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, sustaining serious head injuries.
A passer-by administered first aid at the scene of the collision, at around 7.45am on January 24, and she was taken to hospital by ambulance with a police escort.
She was pronounced dead in hospital four days later.
Ms Nall's daughter, Chelsey, said: "(She was) a mother who always said her family were her life.
"She had six children; Nicola, 27, Franklyn, 23, Terry, 21, Chelsey, 20, Rueben, 18 and Tennie, 15.
"It was a shock to everyone. She was a much loved mother and will always be missed."
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Data Management, Dat...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer (WPF...