New regimental colours presented by Queen
Sunday 03 July 2011
The Queen presented new colours to the Royal Regiment of Scotland yesterday during a historic parade.
The Queen, who is Colonel-in-Chief, presented the colours to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th Battalions, the Royal Regiment of Scotland. It was the first time six battalions have been on parade at the same time, the Army said. The Queen inspected the ranks of soldiers from a Range Rover, during the parade in Holyrood Park, Edinburgh.
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.