Overturned lorry closes M1
Thursday 14 June 2012
Motorists have been advised to find alternative routes after a serious accident forced officers to close part of the M1.
Northamptonshire Police closed the southbound M1 between junctions 16 and 15a after a lorry overturned, trapping the driver in the vehicle, at 6.20am today.
A police spokesman said the northbound carriageway was also closed temporarily to allow an air ambulance to land at the scene.
Emergency services worked to free the driver, the spokesman said, adding: "While that takes place, traffic is being taken off the carriageway at junction 16 and travelling either along the A45 into Northampton, around the ring road and back on to the M1 at junction 15a, or to the A5 heading south.
"As a result, these roads are extremely busy and motorists are being advised to either use alternative routes or to leave longer for their journey."
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CHESHIRE MARKET TOWN - An exciting and rare o...
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE - SENIOR POSITION - An exciti...
£29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Gas Installation Engineer is required ...
£28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Domestic Gas Technical Surveyor is req...