Phone charger may be cause of family death blaze

Click to follow


A blaze which claimed the lives of three children may have been caused by a plugged-in mobile phone charger, relatives said today.





Mother Samantha Hudson, 27, survived the fire at her home in Clarence Avenue, Bridlington, East Yorkshire last month.



But Miss Hudson remains in hospital unaware of the deaths of her children William, nine; AJ, five, and Maddie, three.



Today, her brother Peter Hudson told the Hull Daily Mail: "The focus of the investigation has been on something that was plugged in.



"It looks like it could have been a phone charger."



The children died despite desperate attempts by neighbours to save them.



People living in the street said the unconscious youngsters were taken out of the house "like rag dolls" by firefighters and told how paramedics and a local nurse fought for an hour to save them on the road outside.



Others described how fierce flames tore through the property.



It is thought the fire started in the living room of the terraced house.



Mr Hudson, 30, described how his sister was found with the children cuddled around her.



He said: "They were all unconscious but all together."



Miss Hudson is still being treated at Scarborough General Hospital.



Humberside Fire and Rescue Service is continuing to investigate the fire.



A spokeswoman said it was not possible to confirm the cause of the fire until the investigation was complete.



She said this should be early in the New Year.



No date has yet been set for the children's inquests.

Comments