Plane diverted to Dusseldorf airport after passenger dies
Tuesday 17 April 2012
A plane was forced to make an emergency diversion and land after a passenger died on board, an airline said today.
The incident happened on board a flight from Leeds Bradford Airport to Prague last Friday, Jet2 said.
It was reported that the passenger, believed to be a 22-year-old man, suffered serious breathing difficulties as the plane was travelling north of Dusseldorf in Germany.
The pilot made an emergency diversion to Dusseldorf and landed.
A spokeswoman for Jet2.com confirmed a passenger had died, and passed on condolences to his family.
She said: "Due to a passenger becoming unwell on the Leeds Bradford to Prague flight on Friday, the captain diverted the aircraft to Dusseldorf to seek urgent medical attention.
"We can confirm that the passenger did sadly pass away. We extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends at this very sad time.
"The other passengers were looked after and comforted in Dusseldorf and the flight continued to Prague later that evening."
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...