Police officer in hospital with 'serious head injuries' after London crash
Officer was riding Metropolitan Police motorbike
Saturday 29 March 2014
A police officer is in hospital with serious head injuries after a crash between his motorbike and a car.
The condition of the Metropolitan Police officer, who was off duty at the time, was unknown after the accident at about 12.45pm on Saturday in London.
A spokesman said no one else was injured in the collision in Great Dover Street, Southwark, and the car stopped at the scene.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating and no arrests have been made.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: "We treated a man at the scene for serious head injuries and he was taken as a priority by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital."
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...