Prince Philip attends Trooping the Colour parade
Sunday 17 June 2012
The Duke of Edinburgh appeared in good spirits yesterday in his first major public engagement since leaving hospital, where he was treated for a bladder infection.
He joined thousands of well-wishers to celebrate the Queen's official birthday at the Trooping the Colour parade. The royal couple arrived in a glass coach for the military spectacle, rather than in Queen Victoria's 1842 ivory-mounted phaeton, due to the "unpredictable" weather. The Queen turned 86 on 21 April, but yesterday's ceremony marked her official birthday, always in June.
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...