Rail increases: Fare or unfair?
Monday 16 November 2009
Here are some exmplaes of nex year's rail fare increases:
* Supersaver fare from London to Swindon rising from £20 to £23, an increase of 15 per cent
* A Cardiff to Manchester advanced-purchase ticket will increase by 9.4 per cent, from £11 to £12
* Virgin Trains anytime standard Manchester-London return ticket up from £247 to £262, a six per cent increase
* A turn-up-and-go return from London to Bristol Temple Meads up from £153 to £159
* Unregulated, off-peak fare, Aylesbury to High Wycombe, increasing from £7.00 to £7.20
* Off-peak day return London-Sevenoaks up from £8.80 to £9.40. Same ticket for London-Folkestone Central up from £24.60 to £26.40
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
More than 200 flights delayed and cancelled at Heathrow as air traffic control problem affects airports across Britain
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Developer (...
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# WPF .NET Dev...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...