Surfer drowns off Suffolk coast
Monday 02 May 2011
A surfer has died after getting into difficulties off the coast of Suffolk.
The man, in his thirties and from London, was pronounced dead at the scene after being rescued from the sea off Lowestoft yesterday lunchtime.
His death was not being treated as suspicious so his name was being withheld until the inquest.
An Ambulance Service spokesman said that the man died after being knocked unconscious and suffering a cardiac arrest. He was a regular surfer in the area.
There had been around five people surfing at lunchtime, with the man and another surfer between groynes on the seafront. Surfers said the waves were head high and the wind was strong.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...