Talks held in attempt to avert Easter airport strikes
Talks will be held today to avert threatened Easter strikes by ground staff at Stansted Airport in a dispute over pay.
The GMB union said it will meet employer Swissport to try to resolve a row which could lead to walkouts on Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Monday.
Union members voted overwhelmingly for strike action after the GMB claimed they were facing cuts of up to £1,000 a year because of shift changes.
GMB official Gary Pearce said: “These talks are an opportunity for Swissport to sort out the shift patterns that are putting an unacceptable burden on GMB members' incomes.”
The workers are threatening to strike between 6am and 8am and 4pm and 6pm on the three days unless the dispute is resolved.
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + bens: Progressive Recruitment: C# WEB DEVELOPER Le...
£240 - £260 per day: Progressive Recruitment: WPF Developer (C#, VB.Net) North...
£85 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: KS2 teacher needed to do PPA ...