Talks to resume over rail dispute
Talks aimed at averting strikes by thousands of rail workers in disputes over jobs and working practices will resume tomorrow.
The Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) union had planned four days of industrial action last week but called it off after a successful legal challenge to its ballots by Network Rail.
The two sides are involved in a row over plans to axe 1,500 maintenance jobs and change rosters to allow more work to be done in the evenings and at weekends.
They will meet at the conciliation service Acas tomorrow for talks over the maintenance workers dispute.
Acas also announced that the union and the company had agreed to hold talks over the signal workers row, although no date has been set for that meeting.
Progress was made during earlier talks at Acas over the maintenance jobs.
The RMT executive will meet this week to discuss its next move following the legal challenge and is expected to agree a timetable for fresh ballots.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...